Question, please come in help me!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geo9x, Oct 18, 2009.

1. geo9x

geo9x New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have an unlocked Iphone 3GS 16GB but not jailbreaken! So far I have an upgrade request on Cydia (not firmware upgrade), that's Mobile Substrate! I'm afraid that if I upgrade this, my phone may be locked again! Is that true? Please explain me about this! One more thing is if I download any product (application) from Cydia, will my phone be locked again????

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It's not jailbroken but you have cydia?
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I think he is really confused....

If you have Cydia installed it is jailbroken. Also, 99% sure your unlock is a software unlock (only other option is that it is a factory unlocked iPhone).

You are fine to update your Cydia stuff; it will not hurt anything. As you already know don't update your firmware incorrectly (this is done via iTunes) or you will lose your ability to unlock.
  4. geo9x

geo9x New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Oh, really??? Yep, I'm really confused because I'm not American, I'm an exchange student so that I have to buy unlocked Iphone! So, what's the advantage of jailbreaken? Do I still have to pay for all application I download from Cydia????

One more thing, can u guys give me your phone number! I mean that I can text u if I have any problem! Just a request, u don't need to do if u don't want!
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Jailbreaking will allow you to do a lot with your iPhone that normally is not possible; such as the unlock you have; that can only be done after a jailbreak. There are all kinds of themes and changes you can do along with a lot of programs that Apple would not approve (so they are placed on Cydia). Some applications on Cydia will cost money but most of them are free.
  6. geo9x

geo9x New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok, I got it! Thanks a lot for your help!

7. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    and also a big thing you must never do is update to apples official firmware if you wish to keep the phone unlocked, best to just keep an eye out on here on the best way to update your iphone to make sure you stay unlocked.
  8. geo9x

geo9x New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This is another problem that I need you guys to help! Please help! It's a problem about the battery!

I remind u again, this is an unlocked Iphone! It's like after I bought it, I use it for a while without any network and it worked correctly! But when I actived my AT&T Pay as You Go sim card and put it into my phone, the battery decreased really fast, like i can use only 3 or 4 hours with 100% battery! So I tried to do something to make it better! And the thing I did is I get that sim card out and inserted a sim card from Vietnam (I'm a student from Vietnam) and turn off the cell phone (at that time, the battery was really low: 1% and it automatically turned off) Then I insert the AT&T sim card again and charged my phone fully! And in the next morning, I brought it to school and realized that the battery worked correctly! I was so happy until yesterday! When I downloaded an application named AT&T carrier new logo from Cydia and installed it into my phone! After that the battery started decreasing fast again! I don't know what's the hell happening with it! I need some advices from u guys!
  9. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Let the battery drain all of the way and then do a full charge (8 hours or so) from a wall socket (not just the computer).

See if that does anything for you.
  10. geo9x

geo9x New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    OK! Thanks for that! I will try! Hopefully it will work!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I did it but nothing changed! The battery still decreases so fast! I always have to set my phone in airplane mode now! I think there're some conflicts! Do u guys think so?