question on volume limit

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by neil25, Apr 19, 2009.

1. neil25

neil25 New Member

Ok, i got a question about if i change the volume limit on my on eu ipod touch 2nd gen. If i change the values to 1 in the regionalvolumelimits plist file and later update to new original apple firmware will this revert back to the volume limit or will this stay as it has been changed.
  2. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wtf, why?
  3. neil25

neil25 New Member

because

i dont want to stay with jailbroken software, but want to apply the volume limit if you know what i mean?
  4. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

just restore it and put the volume limit back... why would you even want a volume limit?
  5. stratplayer

stratplayer Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes why indeed, I think perhaps he meant he wanted to go back to non-Jailbroken but apply the "edited" volume plist file.

Be mega quiet if you went back to defaults, assuming its an European model like mine.

volume is, correction was, the thing putting me off the iPod originally, now i have edited it, its hunky dory.
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I still don't understand why EU iPod's have a volume limit. My American one came with one also so I boosted it all up to 1.
  7. stratplayer

stratplayer Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I looked into this a lot..

Basically France introduced the law so that people dont damage their hearing long term, by listening to loud music via headphones in the short term.

There is no limit placed on the dock out connector, just the 3.5mm headphone jack.

Anyway, thanks to France the rest of the bloomin EU has to follow suit!!

First thing I did was get rid of it.

just waiting for some more laws to appear that teach intelligent humans about how not to do silly things
  8. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Your iPod has a volume limit too dumbass -_-
    Every iPod has the EU volume limit in it and you can change it from 0.83 (83%) to 1 (100%).
  9. neil25

neil25 New Member

thanks for the info

what i mean is there anyway to edit the plist file on your ipod touch without jailbreaking it. i have restored my ipod to orginal ipod firmware with volume limit. im not bothered about using 3rd party apps just want the volume limit taken off.

Thanks
    Neil.
  10. Slasher115

Slasher115 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i turned my volume limit on by acident and it pissed me off because i thought my volume was broke XD