Question on those fake videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nordini, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Nordini

Nordini Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry to make another topic but this one is irrelevant to the other. Because i can read, i understand that all the videos claiming to have 2G jailbreaks are fake because not even Chronic's Dev Blogs has updates coming close to it.

i found a video, it was about 8 minutes long, i watched it, saw nothing suspicious, all the comments are positive (though i know he could easily just create many accoutns and comment himself)

My question is, what does he or anybody else gain from wasting their time to make these fake videos? HE went into such detail of explaining himself and how he was jailbreaking a 2G. What does he get out of faking it?
  2. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    some enjoyment from the idiots who would actually try it.
    also im sure some of the downloads are viruses, and some weird people out there get enjoyment out of ruining other peoples computers.
  3. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well if u dont use a mac they can put a bunch of viruses from the links the put in there videos so they can put trojans and empty your bank acc
  4. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

.......macs are virus free?
  5. snoopwong

snoopwong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Virsuses and Trojans in those link they provide you.

Dont fall for it
  6. Masterx1234

Masterx1234 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's true don't even download anything you see in a YouTube video claiming to be a quickpwn that jailbreaks a 2g iPod touch. Don't beleive anyone but the dev team themselves and iPod touch fans.
  7. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

No, hackers don't make many (or any) virus for them, simply b/c WAY more people use windows..and they want to get their virus out to as many people as possible.

Mac's ARE NOT UNABLE TO GET VIRUS', they're just not loved as much by the virus community.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    almost because they are based off the linux kernal or somthing like that which makes it really stable and cause hackers dont care for macs
  9. TheKKKiller

TheKKKiller New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    They bind they're files with virus's, 90% are trojans. The trojans they use are sometimes botnets, but usually since they're noobs, simple password stealing virus's. I know this as a fact cause I "used to" do the same things as these guys, but I aim my infecting towards the guys who call themselves hackers then steal from others, like these people (I help the people who lose they're email pass's, etc, so don't worry).
  10. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Macs are more secure by design.
    Yes, hackers don't take as much interest in them, but because it's based on a Unix/BSD kernel (two kernels which have been out in the wild for many, many years), they've evolved to withstand hackers.
    </offtopic>

Most 2G jailbreak youtube videos censor comments. You're an idiot with a 1G iPod or an iPhone? The jailbreak works perfectly (so you give positive comments). You try it with a 2G iPod, doesn't work, you try to give negative comments but the guy just deletes it before it's even posted.