Question on restoring a backup....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chaoscreater, Apr 6, 2010.

1. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I did a search already and it seems you can restore backups from any firmwares?? Correct me if i'm wrong but the backups just backs up the settings etc right?? So if i back those up, and upgrade or downgrade the firmware, i will be able to restore the backups right??

Well i tried that through iTunes, but it asks me to restore to the firmware that the back up was made. Is there an app that i can use to make back ups properly without asking me to restore to the firmware?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the back up are notes, contacts, game saves, and modded files. If what im understanding correctly is that you want to restore to a different firmware and then sycn back?
  3. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well, yes. Right now i'm using firmware 3.1.2 jailbroken using redsn0w on my ipod Touch 8GB 3rd GEN (MC Model). Everything works fine and i've just done the jailbreak today and have installed tons of stuff already. But when the jailbreak for 3.1.3 comes out, which is untethered, i wanna upgrade to that, but dunno whether i'll lose all my settings for my contacts, wifi, photos etc.

I don't mind syncing all the music and photos etc, just that the contacts and some other settings are a pain to setup again since i'll have to do it manually compare to just letting my ipod sync the music for example.
  4. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    When you backup your iPod, it will backup your apps, game progress, app settings, settings and everything else. It will put it back, just as if you never did a thing with it.