Question on repair/replacement.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mattehww, Feb 16, 2009.

1. mattehww

mattehww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    anyone have experience with repair/replacement?

my ipod is wacked out/broken. it got bricked during a rejailbreak. i've tried everything yahdayahda DFU restore. it wont restore. its just stuck in connect to itunes recovery mode.

if i take it into an apple store, would they know about the jailbreak and refuse to fix it? or do they not ask questions and just get it replaced?
    thanks.

edit.
    getting a new one.
  2. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thread originally about restore firmware problem in itunes. After much probing found out that user was trying to jailbreak and messed it up.

User is now in process of rorting Apple for a new iPod to cover his stupidity.

I have revoked my help on these grounds.

If you break your iPod. Live with it. You were warned pre-jailbreak that there was a possibility it could go wrong.
  3. mattehww

mattehww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    trust me, i've tried EVERYTHING. I can get my ipod into DFU almost 100percent of the time.. im not sure about the reflashing. because i've tried restoring it to original firmware, but it doesnt work. no error code or anything.

and thats what i planned to do tomorrow. go in and say something was weird so i tried to restore firmware but its wacked out.

thanks for the help though
  4. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hey man you are in luck

i have the exact same problem as you.. in the way that my ipod wont boot.. but here is what you do

apple online support.. request for a service request.. they send you a box in the mail.. you put your ipod in the box .. and they will send you something that looks like this for an email

This is the email they sent me because my Ipod will not boot no matter how many times i dfu .. i have been attempting to boot it for days.. no matter what others say on this forum, the ipod is dead.. , my ipod is bricked and i believe that the 2nd generation ipods are becoming bricked or becoming corrupt / in a nonrebootable state.. due to this tethered jailbreak ..

You think when i get a new ipod i will jailbreak it?! lolz

here it is:

We have received your request for a replacement IPOD TOUCH (2ND GENERATION). Your Repair ID is D21403666.

Serial Number: 1A839H94203
    Problem Description: Power - Will not power on

Notice to Consumer: Please read important information at the end of this email message.

Our initial diagnosis indicates that because your product replacement will likely be covered by the warranty, an AppleCare Protection Plan, or another Apple repair program, there should be no charge to you for the service performed. If we have questions or concerns regarding the repair coverage, we will notify you.

If you have owned the product for more than 180 days, and if the product is not covered by an AppleCare Protection Plan, you will be assessed a shipping and handling charge.

Within two business days, you should receive a package at this address

The package will contain shipping materials and instructions for you to return the original product to Apple at this address:

Apple Service Operations
    ATTN: WUR Service, Repair ID D21303666
    3011 Laguna Blvd., Building A
    Elk Grove, CA 95758

Please don't ship the original to Apple in any other package, because if it is damaged in shipping as a result of improper packaging, it will not be eligible for service and will be returned to you unrepaired. Do not include any other items, such as headphones, as they will not be returned to you.

To avoid cancellation of this replacement request, you must return the original to Apple within ten (10) business days. If you no longer require service, simply dispose of the package Apple sends you.

Your repair status is available online.

If service is covered under warranty or an Apple extended service contract, the terms of the warranty or the Apple extended service contract will apply. Otherwise, the Apple Repair Terms and Conditions apply.

Apple
  5. Steve Pearce

Steve Pearce New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I hope that isn't a real serial number / repair ID....
  6. mattehww

mattehww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks but i went into an apple store today. theyre replacing it free! :] i'll get a new one in about 3-5 days
  7. josh0403

josh0403 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good job on replacing an Ipod touch that wasn't broken.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    bwahahaha

Good job on making Apple pay for your mistake. Drive the cost of those iPods up!
  9. mattehww

mattehww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    actually, it was broken. im not a dumbass. i hate having to repeat myself over and over. ITS IN DFU. I CLICK RESTORE. ITUNES FINISHES AND SAYS SUCCESS. BUT ITS STILL IN CONNECT TO ITUNES RECOVERY MODE. if it wasnt broken, they'd just reformat it in the apple store.
  10. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    save your bull sh*t flaming post big guy, you aren't impressing anyone and you are the reason why this forum site sucks so much, because your biased-ass just sits there and flames on people that don't deserve it

kudos