Question on moving to 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by williamoforangeIT, Nov 12, 2007.

1. williamoforangeIT

williamoforangeIT New Member

Not entirely sure if this is in the right forum so i apologize ahead of time to the mods if it isnt...... if it isnt move to the right one plzz.
    I have a 16GB IPoT and I have a bunch of stuff on it such as my music videos and pics (obviously) but more importantly I have the Iphone apps on it too along with installer and other applications from installer (i.e. games apps etc.) I was wondering if I agree to update my ipod when its synced to itunes does anyone know what its going to do with all of that stuff that i have on there and if it will be deleted or not? also if they arent deleted will they all be compatable..? I would much rather not have to go through the lengthy process to download all the stuff again. Thanks every1
    william
  2. williamoforangeIT

Anybody want to help me out here? Bump......
  3. brooklynblaze

brooklynblaze Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah i would like to know the same thing too
  4. williamoforangeIT

ya it would be nice to know if someone would just post something like an experience or something....... Bump
  5. latinoheat69

latinoheat69 New Member

if you would like to keep your iphone apps my suggestion is to not upgrade...i upgraded and got stuck with the native ipot apps and had to downgrade
  6. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

well you have to restore your ipod and then update because if u leave it as it is with 3rd party apps your ipod will be bricked
    so i would suggest backing up all your apps onto your desktop and then restoring your ipod updating it, and then rejailbreak it. there is a tutorial i think on this website how to jailbreak 1.1.2
    if theres not a tutorial just look for ipodtouchmaster05's guide on youtube how to jailbreak 1.1.2
  7. williamoforangeIT

ok thanks i think i might try it and i will post if it worked for me or not
  8. hourog

hourog New Member

Apps

For anyone concerned about having the basic apps available after upgrading to 1.1.2, check out ipodtouchmaster's youtube page.

He has a new video with a fast easy way to reinstall apps - I mean a really easy way!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

if you install oktoprep before you upgrade than you can rejailbreak.
    Your apps won't work. But it is very easy to install the iPhone apps now because they are on installer now.
    to do that just search around or pm or email me at jadphoto14@gmail.com