question on jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by cro with a bomb, Mar 2, 2008.

1. cro with a bomb

cro with a bomb New Member

Ok, I am getting my ipod touch either tomorow or tuesday and I am still confused on jailbreaking. First off what is the difference between 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, and 1.1.4. Which one is better to have? What is the easiest way to jailbreak and most efficient. And what is Summerboard/springboard, I keep hearing about it and I have no clue what it means along with ssh. Any help would be awesome.
  2. krazedkat

krazedkat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

1. any of them but its easiest to jailbreak 1.1.1 but they're dowgradable

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. easiest way is first you need 1.1.1 and wifi then in safari (on ipod) go to jailbreakme.com and scroll down click install appsnapp.
    3. summerboard is a customizing tool
    4. i think springboard is a customizing tool too.
    5. ssh is just using a computer to look through, copy and add files that are on your ipod

hope i helped

NOTE: i dont have an ipod touch either this is mainly knowledge i have aquired

im getting my ipod touch in a few MONTHS though

3. water is poison

water is poison New Member

1. The difference between the different fimrwares is mainly just minor bug fixes, as well as some new features but not huge.
    2. None are the BEST to have, but i guess the most up to date one would be the "best"
    3. For any of the methods it requires to to downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak that using jailbreakme.com, you can then choose if you want to stay on 1.1.1 or upgrade to any of the otehr firmwares and jailbreak those. Going to 1.1.2 is the easiest IMO.
    4. Summerboard is a .app to customize your spring board. Your spring board is where your icons are on your Ipot.
    5. SSH is just a way of accessing all the files on your ipot through your computer. Their are tutorials for this on the forums.
  4. cro with a bomb

cro with a bomb New Member

Does jailbreakme.com give me an ssh client? or is it somthing i will need to download. Thanks for all the help from both of you, and sorry for not reading the other threads, they just seem to use alot of abbriviations and numbers and I have no clue what it is talking about. also, can I get the iphone apps on my ipot if I am on firmware 1.1.1.
  5. water is poison

SSH is something you will have to install from installer on 1.1.1, but if you upgrade to 1.1.2 it puts it on for you. You can go on youtube.com and search for tutorials on upgrading to 1.1.2 jailbreak, ipodtouchmaster05 has very good videos on it. It's really easy to go to 1.1.2 if your wondering, its basically just running the jailbreak and waiting a little bit. Yes you can get iphone apps on your 1.1.1 jailbroken ipot, their is a thread in the iphone apps forum where you can find the repo and you can get them right from installer.
  6. water is poison

SSH is something you will have to install from installer on 1.1.1, but if you upgrade to 1.1.2 it puts it on for you. You can go on youtube.com and search for tutorials on upgrading to 1.1.2 jailbreak, ipodtouchmaster05 has very good videos on it. It's really easy to go to 1.1.2 if your wondering, its basically just running the jailbreak and waiting a little bit. Yes you can get iphone apps on your 1.1.1 jailbroken ipot, their is a thread in the iphone apps forum where you can find the repo and you can get them right from installer.
  7. water is poison

SSH is something you will have to install from installer on 1.1.1, but if you upgrade to 1.1.2 it puts it on for you. You can go on youtube.com and search for tutorials on upgrading to 1.1.2 jailbreak, ipodtouchmaster05 has very good videos on it. It's really easy to go to 1.1.2 if your wondering, its basically just running the jailbreak and waiting a little bit. Yes you can get iphone apps on your 1.1.1 jailbroken ipot, their is a thread in the iphone apps forum where you can find the repo and you can get them right from installer
  8. water is poison