Question on Front Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jagsfan61, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Jagsfan61

Jagsfan61 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Ok i have an iclear case for my ipod 2g, and i dont like the way the screen film protector makes the screen look. If i go without a screen protector will it really get that scratched up? Is it sort of self protective anyway since it is a touch?
  2. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Oct 14, 2008
    The uTube "demo" the Touch 2G screen won't scratch is not real.

The zipper on my jacket pocket scratched the surface, on my Touch 2G.

I think it only scratched what appears to be an anti-glare "smokey-colored" coating, which makes me think I could gently "rub" the scratch out with the right optician's or jeweler's cloth.

It is a small scratch, but I would like to know what might be done about it.

Meanwhile, know the Touch 2G screen is not too delicate. I had no problem until the jacket pocket zipper. I was protecting the Touch 2G in my hand, only not perfectly. I would like to have a little fitted jeweler's bag for my Touch 2G.

If anyone know how to "mend" a small, not deep, scratch I would like to know.
  3. JAD

JAD New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Some screen protectors are better than others. You can buy totally clear ones I guarantee you won't know are there. The anti glare ones tend to make the screen look "dirty" but they do work for anti glare. Try buying one of the clear ones.