Question on Firmware / Jailbreakz

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HiCaP, Jan 26, 2008.

1. HiCaP

HiCaP New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I’m still on Jailbreak 1.1.1 and iTunes 7.4.3.1 and happy as a pig in p00p with no problems with it or any of the Apps I’ve installed since like 10/9/07.
    I don’t plan on a 1.1.3 Jailbreak till all the dust settles or longer ? 1.1.4 ?
    Also, I don’t download music from itunes.

But, back to my title, am I missing out on anything with the last 2 firmware released.
    Is/was there anything to better the Audio, Video, Battery or Bug Fix that I should have.
    As much as I like the control of what appz I use or how I customize it, I also want the best Audio and Video experience I can get out of my 16gig touch.

CaP
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well 1.1.2 supposedly improved the negative black problem that some people were having, but if you got your iPod recently it shouldn't be a problem. Apparently it also fixed the sound quality, but I don't remember if it was very noticeable to me.

And from what I've heard, 1.1.3 might have even better sound-quality, but I might be wrong there.
  3. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

There's really nothing drastic between the firmware. From my understandings (don't quote me on this, not sure if I'm right)...

1.1.1= First Firmware [jailbreak with jailbreakme.com]

1.1.2= 2nd Firmware, fixes negative black problem, sound quality [jailbreak with OKtoPrep and 1.1.2 touchfree jailbreak]

1.1.3= 3rd firmware, offers way to get iPhone applications and re arrange icons and have webclips without jailbreaking (with a price of $20 however), a new dock, and superb sound quality. [jailbreak has not officially been released]
  4. HiCaP

HiCaP New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Webclips sounds interesting, I already have Notes installed and after Music it’s my most used App.
    I don’t have much of an interest in the other 4 Apps, but am curious about any Audio improvements.
    I guess I’ll upgrade when the official 1.1.3 jailbreak is released.
    Is 1.1.1 the best place to make the jump from or will I have to go to 1.1.2 first.

CaP