Question on durabilty

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smwoodcrafts, Aug 22, 2010.

1. smwoodcrafts

smwoodcrafts Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I've had my touch for less than a year. It is used every day but I take care it. It's had a protector on it since day 1. I have noticed that the screen is a little loose near the bottom of the unit. Down by the jacks. I noticed it when I was putting in some info and notice a clicking when I tapped that portion of the screen. Is this normal, or should I be contacting Apple?

smwoodcrafts
  2. daitem11

daitem11 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if its been less than a year you can return it to apple they will take it back and all only thing is if its jailbroken youll lose the jailbreak
  3. smwoodcrafts

smwoodcrafts Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    The only problem I have with that is when they replace it, it's with a refurbished unit. I have kept mine pristine. There are no scratches. A full body Invisible shield has been on it since day 1. Refurbished models aren't exactly scratch free. I also have data on this one. Would they be able to transfer that?
  4. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I have also noticed that on my old 1G iPod Touch except in the top left corner. They would not be able to transfer your data but that's what iTunes is for. Just back up your data before you go to Apple. Also if you're jailbroken you should do a DFU restore so it leaves no traces of being jailbroken.
  5. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bummer for sure! However, would you rather have a refurb, or a loose screen? Where did you buy it from? Sometimes if you have an extended warranty from the store, you can get a brand new one

Please Register or Log in to view images

Apple!