[Question] Mail and Textfree on iTouch

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Dash9944, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Dash9944

Dash9944 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I just bought the textfree unlimited app from the appstore, and it has been working great. It is set up to send an email message to me when I receive a new text. I also turned the new email notification sound on. I am wondering if there is any way to have the mail app check for mail when my iTouch is in sleep mode, or if it is possible to make the app itself do this. It would be great if I could be notified as soon as I get the message, instead of having to check manually. Is this possible?
  2. erichuynh05

erichuynh05 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Go to settings > Wifi > network name> blue arrow > change dhcp to static> respring
    Then go to settings> fetch new data> go to fetch > choose either 15 minutes, 30 minutes, hourly, or manually.
    THERE
    Info: To get more times for fetch, go to cydia install supreme prefences, install via winterboard, respring, then go to fetch again, there should be like a 1min option.
  3. Dash9944

Dash9944 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Alright, thanks.
    Im having a problem with Textfree. This has happened twice to me today, once in school and now again at home. I have 3 bars of signal, and safari works fine. But when I try to send a text, I get the error message "Hmm...can't seem to get to the data network - try moving somewhere with better wireless coverage." Even when right next to my router, this happens, so it is not because of the signal. Restarting my modem and router did not work either. Any help is appreciated.

nvm, now safari isnt working either. my touch shows full signal, and my computer is able to connect to the internet through the same router.