iOS 3.1 Question if you have an ipod touch 3g

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by shadowofanubis66, Sep 25, 2009.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just bought my ipod touch a few days ago so i'm assuming it's a 3g, and itunes 9 says it's a 3.1 firmware. Am i completely out of luck in terms of downgrading and jailbreaking for now? From the threads i've searched ti seems like i am but i just want to make sure.

I've also read about this greenpoison release coming up, will that help me jailbreak my 3g (i'm assuming it is a 3g since i got it from bestbuy a few days ago) or am i SOL for a long time? I've never done anything like this before and this is my first jailbreakable item so go easy on me (the new noob).
  2. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Your best bet would be to wait until the greenpois0n jailbreak for the iPod Touch 3rd Generation is released.

You're definitely not completely out of luck...the iPod Touch 3g WILL be jailbreak-able, it's only a matter of time.

Some speculate it will be released within the next week.

Only time will tell.
  3. shadowofanubis66

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I appreciate the reply dylan, I'm pretty excited to see what this thing can do. From what i've heard, jailbreaking can really make it much more worth to own.
  4. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No problem.

Jailbreaking definitely makes it a thousand times better.
    One thing I was amazed at was the ability to play Playstation, Game Boy Advance, and PSP games on my iPod Touch.

If only Apple would take a hint.....
  5. DancingGopher

DancingGopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Jailbreaking makes it so much better. The ability to theme it and third party apps is just awesome. Now with the speed upgrade(i used to have a 1g so for me it was HUGE) itll be even better with the jailbreak. Don't worry im sure the Dev team is working hard to get out the jailbreak.
  6. shadowofanubis66

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wait a second... you can play playstation games on the touch? WOW... i mean i was pumped about just the gameboy advance games... but if u can do psp and psx games i'm st unned. Hopefully it's somewhat simple to put on there, i only have the 8 gig but i can sacrifice some song space for that.
  7. iMaztrr

iMaztrr Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If it is an 8 gig than it is an iPod Touch 2G. You can Downgrade it to 3.0 and it is jailbreakable now. Sadly you do not have the voice control and the speed upgrade. There is no 8Gig 3g. Hope that helps clear things up.

Actually I think You cannot downgrade the new 8 Gig 2g. It wouldn't hurt to try. Maybe you got a older 2g.
  8. gamepro127

gamepro127 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    PSP games?
    You gotta be kidding me.
    The first model of the PSP (PSP-1000) is more powerful than the Ipod touch 3rd generation 32gb/64gb and their faster than the Iphone 3GS.

GBA games lag on iphone 3g and so do playstation, but im sure on Ipod touch 3rd gen 32gb/64gb it'll be fine (the 8gb 3rd generation isent any faster)
  9. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    GBA games didn't lag whatsoever on my 1st Generation iPod Touch.

A few hiccups here and there, but nothing serious.
  10. shadowofanubis66

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Everytime i try to follow a guide on doing this (downgrading it), i get a 1601 error from itunes and have no idea what to do from there. Any assistance on that?

If it is a 2g... would this greenpoison thing make it easier or is it not for it?

EDIT: Btw it came with 3.1 installed if that helps.