Question for you guitar players

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by twitchy204, Dec 15, 2008.

1. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    first off, i had no clue where to put this so i figured here might be ok. Move it if need be.

anyways, so i was playing guitar today on some random crap guitar at the school, and someone told me to play a certain song. and i know i've looked at the tabs and kinda knew it, but i couldn't remember the exacts. so i kinda let him down when i said i couldnt remember it.

so i was thinking, is there any way i could download tabs (from ultimateguitar.com or something like that) that i could put on my touch to have with me and available at all times. this is mainly for those places that you don't have access to wifi. so is there any kind of app that i could simply copy and paste tabs into then SSH/sync onto my ipod? i'd really like to be able to scroll(vertically, of course) through the tabs just like i would on a normal computer screen.

also, i don't have my touch yet, its a christmas present, so i haven't exactly been able to try anything out at this point, but i have jailbroken ipods before so i know what im doing, for the most part.

thanks.
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Yeah You can try airshare... it's free (I think).

You should prepare the tabs in .txt files first though.

Directions on transferring files are included with the app and it's super easy.
    Good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    wow, thanks for such a quick reply.

Please Register or Log in to view images

ill ahve to bookmark this and reply on christmas morning if i have any questions or anything. is this a cydia app or itunes app?

edit: found it on itunes store but i read that you can get it free via SSH.

again, thanks a lot.