Question for those with iPod Touch 4G's.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 2fast4u5, Sep 11, 2010.

1. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have 2 questions:

1) Did they fix that auto disconnect in 10 minute rule for applications that run while using wifi in the background (multitasking) on Firmware 4.1? I hate having my apps disconnect after 10 mins in the background... it's really annoying. I constantly keep the App active to prevent it from signing out. Also, I was told by 2 developers that it's a restriction that Apple has and it's up to Apple to lift the restriction. I asked them about 2 months ago.

2) Did they give you an option to disable persistent WiFi on Firmware 4.1?

*Note* I have a 2nd Gen 8 GB on 4.0 + Jail Broken. I installed Insomnia and it didn't fix the auto-disconnect problem.
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'm not sure about Q1, but as for Q2, I just checked. I didn't see any option to disable it.
  3. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.... alright... it's all good. Hopefully a jailbreak app will fix both of those problems.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No problem.

You may want to talk to Axis about a jailbreak app for it.. He may be able to figure something out. IDK though.

Honestly, it hasn't been as big as a problem on this iPod as on my previous one. My biggest complaint was battery. This new iPod has way better battery life.
  5. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I'm surprised Jobs didn;t talk about the battery other then throwing up a "40 hour battery life" graphic.
  6. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's good to hear. My battery life on my 2G has gone to crap as well... whenever I'm in D.C. it loses half of the battery life (D.C. is flooded with hotspots). But yeah, I'm getting my upgrade (4G) on October so I can't wait.

Anyways... what's Axis's contact info? If you could PM it to me it would be great.

I second this. I also dislike the fact that he didn't tell us where everything was on the iPod Touch 4G. We had to figure it out on our own... it was like a hide 'n' seek game... it was pretty ridiculous.
  7. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Seems like all the Apple keynotes have been turned down compared to five or even seven years ago.
  8. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I wouldn't know. This was my first keynote... but I'm assuming it was much more in-depth back then based on your statement.
  9. GuilleiPod

GuilleiPod New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1) Well, I have Facebook, Twitter and eBuddy connected in the background like an hour or two, and none have disconnected.
    2) They put an "Airplane Mode" option in the Settings app.
  10. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1) Do you think you can try it with an instant messaging app? Most likely it will automatically log you out in 10 minutes and have you reconnect. (I understand if you don't have the time or don't feel like it)

2) Doesn't the Airplane Mode still use battery?