Question for my Canadian Iphone Users.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kwantz, Jan 10, 2009.

1. kwantz

kwantz New Member

Ok I have an Iphone through Rogers in canada. They are starting to piss me off, and there plan is retarded. So I cancelled my plan with them etc... ended up only having to pay 150 to cancel my account.

I see that fido has iphone as well. I was wondering if it were possible, that I could go into fido, get there cheapest phone and set up a plan with them,, then just take that sim card and use it in my rogers iphone? would it work?
  2. Antney1234

Antney1234 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yea of course! I do

Please Register or Log in to view images

But MAKE SURE you tell Fido to block your 3G and Edge. Then go to Cydia and install BossPrefs. Open it up and turn off Edge. After you do that you should be fine.

Just check your usage status in settings once in a while, because it should stay at 0 for Sent and Received data.

Hope that helped
  3. kwantz

kwantz New Member

why does it matter if i use the 3g or edge???
  4. Antney1234

Antney1234 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well if you don't want to use 3G or Edge just wifi then you have to block it because you are going to get Insane amount of data charges.

Do you want to use the internet on your iphone or just with wifi? Because you said that you want the cheapest plan at Fido, and the cheapest plan is not going to include internet.
  5. kwantz

kwantz New Member

ohhh ok i got ya,,, so how do I do this? is there anything i have to download from cydia or installer? what is the process?
  6. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    really he can just slip in the sim..? i thought he had to unlock..?
  7. Antney1234

Antney1234 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    O yea sorry I forgot to add that you have to unlock your Iphone first. If you want to unlock a Iphone 3G use Yellowsn0w. But if you want to use a first gen Iphone you can unlock it using quickpwn.

For more information about the Iphone 3G unlock go to the Dev Teams website: http://blog.iphone-dev.org

Go to this link: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1756
    It will explain the steps to jailbreak a Iphone 3G. After you jailbreak it add the cydia source for yellowsn0w which can be found at the the Dev Team website I provided above. Follow the instructions on the website.

For a first gen Iphone just go to www.iclarified.com and you can find a list of tutorials for unlocking the Iphone first gen.

If you need anymore help feel free to PM me

Please Register or Log in to view images

I can even go through the process with you when you decide to jailbreak your Iphone.
  8. danielguitar15

danielguitar15 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you do realize both rogers and fido use the exact same network...right? their both owned by rogers, so if you don't like rogers chances are you're not going to like fido either.
  9. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

if u are with Rogers or with Fido without a data plan on iPhone, turn EDGE off with BossPrefs or block all data. Just to check a song with Shazam and update my Facebook status, i had to pay almost 8 dollars (i dont need a data plan at this time). i told them to take that 8 dollars off, but keep data enabled (in case of an emergency, if i need to use it), and i installed an APN disabler (similar to BossPrefs EDGE toggle).