Question: Fonts

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Cloaky, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Cloaky

Cloaky New Member

I was wondering, is there any way to change the font via WinterBoard? like placing the font file inside the theme folder somewhere... or didn't they still implement that? I how to change the font manually but it would be cool and faster to change it via winterboard.
  2. MasterHacker

MasterHacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm... you could just downloaad a new font from Cydia, ssh into your device and copy the font into the Themes folder. Dunno if that'll work, but I say give it a try!
  3. chelsea_100m

chelsea_100m New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    try downloading fontswap from cydia
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

If you want to replace the Default System Font:

1. Make an Info.plist in a Theme Folder.
    2. In it, make a key "Font-Name-Helvetica". The value is what ever font you want it to be.
    3. Activate in WinterBoard.

Some time ago, I saw a package in Cydia I think was made by spoonforknife, which added several WinterBoard Themes which changed the font for you.
  5. Cloaky

Cloaky New Member

Yea i saw that package but it just change the fonts from the icons, not the system font.

I also tried what you sad but i couldn't got it working, here is what i did.

I tried a few variations of the code but still wasn't able to get it working.Hmm i tried it with Helvetica and it worked, so i guess i can't use it with LockClock font. Thx in advance for the help.

Nvm I got it working i just had to change "LockClock" to ".Lock Clock"
  6. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

OK then. Try experimenting with the Saurik Theme included with Winter Board. That changes every single bit of text.
  7. Cloaky

Cloaky New Member

I will check it out, right now i am trying to add a new font and using it with what u told me

Please Register or Log in to view images

lets hope it works. But nothing so far ):, i guess it just supports the original fonts i mean fonts with names that already came on it.