iPhone 3GS [Question] Downgrade 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cloaky, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Cloaky

Cloaky New Member

Well, a few days ago a jailbreaked my iphone 3gs (had 3.0.1 stock but my mom updated it to 3.1.2 while she was using) with blackra1n and now i am getting some random crashes which i never had when using tools from the devteam.So i want to downgrade back to 3.0.1 use redsn0w then upgrade to 3.1.2 using a custom firmware, my question is: how can i downgrade? I know that there are a few guides on google... but i didn't want to trust a random one, so i decided to ask here for a safe and working way : D

Thanks once again guys.
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just get the 3.0.1 firmware, put your iPod into DFU Mode, then shift-click restore in iTunes and select the 3.0.1 firmware.
  3. Cloaky

Cloaky New Member

as far as i knew we weren't able to restore the 3gs using the normal way, but i am going to give it a try.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To downgrade you'll need to have backed up your 3.0.1 ECID blobs through Cydia. If you were jailbroken on 3.0.1 and installed Cydia it should have been done automatically. If not you will need to have backed them up manually. If you did neither then I'm afraid you're stuck and can't downgrade due to Apple's server ECID registration call checks on the 3GS.
  5. Cloaky

Cloaky New Member

Damn.... so i guess i am stuck because my mom didn't do that 4sure : s