question about using two computers

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by w103mcb, Jan 18, 2009.

1. w103mcb

w103mcb New Member

My question is if i have sync an ipod touch with one computer can i sync it to another with out losing all the song from the 1st computer, none of the songs are bought from itunes they are all cds i loaded to my laptop? (here is a little back ground on what i am trying to do)
    i have been trying to find an answer on this but have not been able to one. i bought my girlfriend an ipod touch las mothers day but i used my laptop computer to set it up, because she was not very tech friendly at the time and i had all the music on my laptop and she did not have one at the time. this was the 1st ipod i had ever messed with but i am some what good with tech stuff like this, but i am no pro by any means. i have been debating now i buying me one cause the more i have played with her's the last week loading more music since its been a long time since we have installed any music on it. i also found out it needed software updates and all kind of other things so it really got my interest going and now i think i want one for myself, and she has some music i wont want on mine and i have music she does not want on hers. Now that she has a laptop of her own can she transfer all the music to her laptop from her ipod or do i have to add the cds to her laptop.

sorry for being so long just trying to make sure i give as much info as i can so maybe someone can help. thanks for reading and thanks for any help
  2. wafflenator

wafflenator New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, you could copy the entire iTunes folder from My Music folder to the My Music folder on the other pc. Then delete anything from iTunes that you don't want. iTunes will recognize that the ipod is sync'd with that library. I've used that to keep all my settings moving from OS several times.
    Is that what you're looking for?
  3. w103mcb

w103mcb New Member

when you say copy the whole itunes folder you mean copy it to a cd then take the cd put it in her laptop and install itunes from there
  4. 04jtb

04jtb New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah I gather so. I doubt a CD would be big enough though, maybe a DVD-R depending on the size of the library.
  5. w103mcb

w103mcb New Member

ok thank you that makes since i will have to try that later tonight after work. thanks again for the help
  6. ranipodtouch

ranipodtouch New Member

there is other ways of course.
    u will need to install certain software dont quite remember the name.therefore google it...
    the idea is that this "sw" making a copy from ipod to NewPC and then u can use new itunes without erasing your DB -