Question about the Stock app

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by B4Bronco6, Sep 5, 2008.

1. B4Bronco6

B4Bronco6 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I am using a jailbroken 1.1.4 Ipod Itouch, and I love it.

The only thing I question is the stock application.

It works fine, but there is a problem I have with it. It can with the default Dow Jones Industrial stock, and whenever I want to add a NEW indice from the stock market index like S & P 500 or the Nasdaq, it just replaces the current one I'm using (DJA).

I can add stocks fine... Yahoo, google, etc... but why can't I have all 3 of the DJA, S/P, and the Nasdaq??
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You do know all three of them are already on there? Not much of an investor huh?
  3. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wish I knew how stocks worked -.-
  4. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

dont bother its ridiculously hard to understand, other than knowing that when it is up(or green if u have a touch or iPhone) it is a good thing

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. B4Bronco6

B4Bronco6 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    No I'm not.

I'm just a typical College soph. trying to get my degree and get out in the work place. Sorry I disappoint you.

"All 3 of them are already on there." Could you please clarify for us "stupid investors"??
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You don't disappoint me, and I'm glad to see your interest in the world of finance. The first three on the Stocks App are the DOW, NASDAQ, and S & P (DJI, IXIC, and GSPC)
  7. B4Bronco6

B4Bronco6 New Member

Device:
    iPhone

For some odd reason, I only had the DOW, Yahoo, and Google.

Everytime I went to add Nasdaq, it would replace it with DOW. So then I wanted the DOW back, and it would replace it with Nasdaq.

I could add other stocks, such as HSY and Walmart, and they wouldn't replace DOW, but I can never have the main 3.

So I have ^DJI (Dow Jones)

I've looked for S & P 500 but can't find that, or the NASDAQ.
  8. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    i dont know much about the stock.app either but if I had to guess what to do; i would say restore and set up as a new iPod. That would be the only thing that I would think would work becuase it totaly wipes you iPod clean. If you have important stuff like wi-fi codes, then dont do this. But if all you have is music and videos and a spare 2 hours or so I would do this