Question about the iPhone plan costs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EspEclipse9, Dec 21, 2008.

1. EspEclipse9

EspEclipse9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I might be buying an iPhone sometime soon, and Im wondering how much the plans cost? I already have a phone on at&t and Im wondering if I can just buy an iphone from the at&t store and put my sim card from my motorola razor into the iPhone. I dont really want a data plan, texting, or unlimited internet. I just want to be able to make calls. Is this possible, to not have to pay for all that extra stuff?

NEW QUESTION***********
    Is it possible to cancel my data plan? Im on a family plan so would anything change If i got the iphone then canceled the data plan? Also about the unlock, does that mean that If i bought an iphone 3g then unlocked it, i could put my existing sim and have no additional charges?
    Thanks
  2. gr33n

gr33n New Member

no, when you buy the iphone, the data (30) is manditory. texting is optional. and i THINK without a sim unlock you have to use the sim they give you with the iphone...
  3. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    If you buy a 1G iPone, you will be able to unlock it and use your existing at&t sim card.

If you buy a 3G (retail), you will have no choice but to activate with a new iPhone plan, unless you wish to incur termination fees.

You can also look to purchase a 3G off ebay and then wait for the new 3G unlock coming out at the end of the month.