Question about the Camera (Front & Back)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 02krayzie24, Sep 2, 2010.

1. 02krayzie24

02krayzie24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So, a lot of people are saying that the cam sucks cause it's only .7MP and what not.But that doesn't bother me and im really liking the HD video they said it records in. So My question is, since it says it takes video in HD 720p, is that video resolution for both the front and back cameras?

So basically, when taking vids using the back cam, is it in HD 720?
    When taking videos using the front cam (the one meant for facetime so idk if you can actually use that for any other video recording besides factetime) are the quality in HD also? Cause i've read that the video quality is HD 720 (im not sure if thats the back or front cam) but when using facetime, its not and its VGA or something like that (idk much about cameras). So is it both 720hd recording for the front and back camera? or is it only 720hd for recording vids using the back and the front is only vga quality like facetime and can you record video using the front cam also and not just use it for facetime?

Thanks
  2. P O W E R

P O W E R Member

Device:
    iPad
    NO the front cam is VGA while the back is HD. Resolution is 640x480 while back video recording is 1280x720. Big difference.
  3. arsenal1312

arsenal1312 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i think only the back camera can capture 720p resolution videos, the front camera can only capture VGA resolution videos and pictures
  4. 02krayzie24

02krayzie24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh ok. so the back is just like the Flip right? Cause i have a Flip ultra HD but i rarely use it cause its too bulky. But if the 4g iPod Touch is the same quality then thats awesome.

Can u also record using the front cam and not just for facetime?
  5. arsenal1312

arsenal1312 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    isn't it 960 x 720?
  6. 02krayzie24

02krayzie24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^^^^^
    Which one?