Question about Syncing Individual Songs

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by hoosier4974, Dec 27, 2007.

1. hoosier4974

hoosier4974 New Member

I've currently got 884 songs in my Itunes library. I recently added two songs to my library that I downloaded from SeeqPod and then FTP'd to my computer. I then imported them into ITunes. The problem I'm having is getting just those two songs to Synch to my Touch. Is this possible?? If so, what do I need to to do to force only those 2 songs to sync. I've searched in this forum and can't find an answer to this specific question.

I've been okay with figuring most of my issues out on my own in my 2 weeks of noobness with my Touch but this one alludes me

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can anybody help ??
  2. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    just put the songs on your computer and in itunes go to file add file to library and there you go
  3. hoosier4974

hoosier4974 New Member

Thanks for the response. I've got the songs added to ITunes but can't get them to Sync. Is there a way to isolate (exclude) the songs that are already on the Touch and only add the new stuff?? Every time I try to Sync, ITunes will re-sync all the songs in the library which ends up being a rather lengthy process every time I need to add music. There's got to be a way to only sync up new stuff, leaving everything else alone.....just add the new songs and that's all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm probably just missing a setting somewhere. I tried the "Sync only selected items" option and that ended up with only a handful of songs on my Touch.......800+ were removed

4. hoosier4974

hoosier4974 New Member

UPDATE !!

I figured it out and boy do I feel like a hardcore numbnut right now !!!

Just highlighting the songs I want to Sync and then dragging over the Ipod icon under "Devices" does the trick. Will only sync the songs that I want synced. Also setting ITunes to manual syncing/management.

I think I need a nap !!!