Question about selling my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Coins, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Coins

Coins New Member

Hey, im selling my friend my ipod, but my email and all is saved, he wants all the same apps, so I don't want to restore, is their a app that can clear these things?
  2. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    go to settings, and somewhere in there, there is an option to reset ALL settings.
  3. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

im pretty sure what you can do is when you hook up your ipod to his computer you sign into your itunes account on his computer and authorize his computer with your email, he doesnt need to know your password, you just sign in that once and authorize it then he can use your apps on that computer. iTunes will say something like transfer purchases or something, read and and pick the one that doesnt overwrite with his itunes library. Then he'll have your apps in his library and he can just sign out of your account and into his. This should allow him to have his stuff and yours. Its no different then the situation on my computer. I have two iTunes accounts on my computer, they are both different but I only have one library, and that contain everything purchased on both accounts.

It SHOULD work, but if you run into problems then ask for help, dont overwrite with his library

edit: oh and when he signs into his itunes and syncs his library and stuff it should reset with his email and stuff for the app store.
  4. Coins

Coins New Member

thing is that its jailbroken, no appstore

Please Register or Log in to view images

He said he doesnt want appstore, so this is the only way, unless I backup all apps, or write down names of everyhint i guess..
  5. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

what firmware are you on?
  6. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    On the other hand, next to resetting all of your settings and stuff, you can try and access your ipod via SSH, copy and paste all of the files on your ipod onto your computer, do a restore, jailbreak and paste all of the files back onto it again..... but im pretty sure reset all settings works too?
  7. Pwnage Productions

Pwnage Productions Banned

The smartest way to do it is to restore and re-jailbrake

Please Register or Log in to view images

i mean, it shouldn't take that long..