question about scrolling and waking to iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by $#!7!!!, Sep 4, 2008.

1. $#!7!!!

$#!7!!! New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    I was wondering if there's any way to enable scrolling for extra long song titiles. I have a couple song that are longer than aloud in both the menu where you pick the song and the now playing and I would like it to scroll to show the entire name because it's just helpful to see what song is playing so I can tell a friend compleatly rather than "hey what are you listening to?" "it says 'this was how it used to', then it cuts off"

Another thing I would like to know is it possible to wake to music? I have a small speaker system that I made that sits right on my nightstand and ive had to wake up to the dumb iPod alarms. On my 5th Gen video I used to make a playlist with 2-3 loud songs on it to wake to but it seems I can only pick from the dumb beepers that come with the thing.

-little rant-
    I don't know... For 350-400 bucks, I feel like this stupid thing should include these standard features. This iPod was supposed to be an improvement- meaning it should have all the features of older iPods, and more. Scrolling for long song titles or album names is such a standard feature I have every right to expect after I dropped over 350$ on probably the most antisipated mp3 player. Hell, my 4gb iPod MINI scrolls on long song titles and artists! Cmon!
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    None of what you described is possible at this time. Perhaps a software update can do the trick, however.