iPhone 3G Question About Restoring Pay And Go O2 iPhone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BangBangYourDead, Apr 8, 2009.

1. BangBangYourDead

BangBangYourDead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay, I Have An iPhone 3G On Pay And Go On o2 (UK), Now What I Want To Know Is, If I Restore My iPhone What Will Come Up. I'm not Too Sure Because It Got Activated In The Store, But If I Restore Will It Ask Me To Activate Again Or Will It Just Go Back Normal, Normal Being Still On Pay And Go Or Will It Be Set To Monthly Contract???

Please Help Would Be Appriciated
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I am not sure about UK stuff but here is what I know from the U.S. (and India):

For the U.S. the iPhone is locked to an at&t iPhone plan. To use an at&t prepaid plan you must unlock your phone.

If you purchased your iPhone from Apple and it worked with your Prepay plan it should be OK to restore it but you might also lose your unlock.

What firmware and baseband are you on? That will help and I should have asked that first...
  3. BangBangYourDead

BangBangYourDead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Its On The Baseband That Comes In 2.2.1, I Think You've Over Complicated It lols, I Dont Use YellowSn0w Because I'm Leagally On Pay And Go, I Just Want To Know If I Restore It Will It Ask Me To Set It Up As A Monthly Contract In iTunes :-S lol
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I guess I missed your question and thought too much into it....

You should be able to restore without any problems but I have honestly not done so with a legitimate SIM. Worse case you can always activate it.