Question about purchasing iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by melterx12, Jun 10, 2010.

1. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello, im really excited as most everyone here for the new iphone. I would like to buy it unsubsidized at full price from apple. I read apple allows you to do this now, but im confused as to how. Do I just walk in to the apple store and ask to buy an iPhone 4 at full price? Do I need to have an AT&T plan for them to allow me to purchase one (I know it is still locked to AT&T), and can I do this on launch day or will I have to wait?
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

You would ask them to get an iPhone 4 as a buyout. It would cost you ~$600-$700 + taxes, depending on what state you're in, and the capacity of the phone.
  3. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i know, but what im asking is theyll just sell me one on launch day (assuming they have it in stock) no questions asked?
  4. Maxtcc

Maxtcc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why would they ask questions?

You want to pay full price for the iPhone 4 and that is what you will get!
    You can have all the coolness and not have to use it as a phone at all if you want then.

What no one can answer fully is whether you can then use it on any other carrier. Of course you will be limited to a carrier that uses the micro SD , which means only in some places in europe and most of Asia. But still , you will not be locked into a contract of what? $50-100 bucks a month for 2-3 years.
    If I had the moolah this is what I would probably do too. Buy it outright and have no contract.
  5. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    u mean micro sim. a micro sim is electircally identical to a regular SIM. you can simply cut the excess plastic on a normal SIM to make it fit into a microsim slot. people have done it with the ipad Wifi + 3G, so that is not an issue.

the only issue is the baseband, which im confident will be cracked at some point. until then ill just use it as an ipod.
  6. ozonez

ozonez Member

This is what im doing in the UK, due to the iPhone now becoming available on pretty much any network over here now im pretty sure that Apple will be selling the handset alone in the UK and such. Im buying it at full price (most likely 700 to 800 quid for the 32GB

Please Register or Log in to view images

) but i have the moolah available so im gonna do it then just remove my sim from my 3GS either cut it up to microsim size or exchange it at an O2 store for a microsim then have sex with my new iPhone 4.
  7. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you think 800 quid is too much why not get the 16gb?
  8. ozonez

ozonez Member

presumably he wants/needs the extra space? 32GB sounds too small to me in regards to the iPhone 4 being able to record HD.