Question about Piel Frama Case

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by tomboy, Jan 3, 2008.

1. tomboy

tomboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey fellow touchers...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can any of you who may have this case please help me out with some info?

I was wondering if the card slots opposite of the screen allow the cards to touch the screen. It's hard to tell if they just hit the leather covering the top of the iPod. It'd be great to be able to just carry my drivers license, debit card and my iPod touch.

I just bought the Invisible Shield and haven't put it on yet, but I was curious to know whether or not this case may allow the cards to rub against the screen and/or protective shield...and if so, would it scuff up with everyday use?
  2. vclimen2

vclimen2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dont worry. Theres enough gap due to the 2 magnets to close
  3. gammada

gammada New Member

Cannot help with the specifics for this case but my experience with another Piel Frama case for a Palm T|T3 would make me think twice about buying it.

The first thing for you to check-out is the belt-clip. If it's of the plastic unmountable-variety, you're in for a hand-case in very short period of time. This particular clip was to be found on other case brands such as Belkin, so I suppose they buy some parts wholesale, meaning they do not design their cases -more like only built-'em- if you catch my drift.

As for those card-pockets, mine got a few SD-card holders that were quite tight at first but as time went by, they became loose and after losing a couple of them, I learned to carefully open the case in order to catch my cards before they fell. Today, there's two of them piled in a single pocket in order to get them to hold. Needless to say, the case is all disfigured by now.

Last but not least, the leather strap that holds the rivet that closes the case shows a few cracks on the inside liner. Since it's made out of plastic, I inclined to think that the leather will hold it longer but who knows.

Anyway, in my experience InCase and Vaja cases seems to be much better designed and built than Piel Frama.
  4. tomboy

tomboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks to both of you for your feedback

I have an InCase leather case and you're right, it's a very nice case....but there are a couple of things about it that are bugging me, after having it for a while. One thing is the static belt clip, I wish it had one that rotated, another is that it can be hard to touch the corners of the screen because it is such a tight fit.

I've seen the Vaja cases for the Blackjack and they are beautiful...I may have to take a look at them again. When I bought my InCase, Vaja didn't have anything out for the touch yet.

Thanks again!