question about phone.app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by crizh4x, Nov 5, 2007.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have installed the phone app, its neat to have it, but it does absolutly nothin so is there a way to "call" myself like on a timer, the phone cud call itself? Just wonderin.
  2. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

iPod = iPod
    iPhone = Phone

(notice that iPod doesnt = Phone).
  3. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

Wow seriouusly some of the peole on this site are retarded

Ipod touch
    iPhone
    which one do you think is the phone?
  4. henrilouis

henrilouis New Member

There is no way, the iPod can't use the Phone app, it is totally unnecessary
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I resent the retarded claim, and would really appreciate it if you'd keep those comments to yourself. I have installed the phone app pretty much for the hell of it and I'm trying to get it to be as functional as possible. everything works except when I press call nothing happens, I think I should get a SIM error or something, which makes me think that maybe I'm missing a framework or a prefbundle because i can't set a ringtone. I think that there is perfectly no reason that it should work and not make calls. I just wanted to set a timer and have it act like I was recieving a call.
  6. lildudejds

lildudejds Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not gonna lie dude, this is pretty hilarious! It's an ipod. It doesn't have the hardware needed for phone capabilities. You won't be able to make phone calls with it....

Besides, let's say you miraculously do connect with somebody via phone.app, how are you going to talk to them? There is no speaker to talk into.
  7. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you mean mic right? we don't talk into a speaker, and how many of you have used the phone.app, try, nothing happens, at least he got it to open up, PLEASE keep your comments to yourself.

Cheers,
    Ben.
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank You! some optomism!!! I'm not rtyin to get the thing to make calls, I'm tryin to get it to ring, even if it's just thru the headphones and give an alert LIKE i'm getting a call. I have an ipod I understand that, it can't make calls, I also understand that I just want to trick some people. what some of you guys could do is develop instead of b*tch and whine... just a sugestion.
  9. henrilouis

henrilouis New Member

I just want to tell you that there is no (real) speeker in the iPod touch so you propably won't be able to make it ring, ther's only a piezo wich can only make sounds like the bips in the alarm menu.
    Unfortunatly, it would have been great to make the iPod be used like an alarm clock because the default beeps aren't pretty cool !
    But good job to have made it work !!
  10. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    all the people I'm messin with would have to see is the blinking alert screen saying incoming call or whatever, the phone app does make sounds thru the headphones tho, I've only noticed it on the dialer screen