Question about my site Idea (not advertisement)

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by questionnaire, Aug 29, 2010.

?

Good Idea or Bad Idea

1. I'd visit it...

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Probably wouldnt...

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. questionnaire

questionnaire New Member

I've read the rules, and i dont think its against the forums to see if an idea is good or not.

Beyond that i was wondering whether or not anyone likes the idea of this site:

A place where the forums would sort of be like this place, but not just apple products. It would be gadgets and tech in general. It would have a couple sections, but the main ones would be reviews and news. Where in each week i( and eventually moderators) would choose the top review and put it on the front page, and the writer of the review would win something(i.e-$10 iTunes card). This would also be the same for top news. People would have the opportunity to write articles and the top one would be picked and put on the front page( and win something). The forum would also be a place to talk tech etc. As the site got more and more visitors then i could pick more and more people. Let me know what you think...

If this is in any was against the rules of the IPTF forums please forgive me and my time will be short lived here. Thank you...

-Questionnaire
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I think that general tech forums are usually nothing but bad. Why? You have the perfect opportunity for fanboys to cross over, flame, and leave. Not much productivity happens when someone/something is always getting trolled.

So, in my very humble opinion, I'd say that this has already been tried and failed. The only exception is XDA-Developers, but that caters to a very technical minded crowd.
  3. questionnaire

questionnaire New Member

Trolls and flamers are part of life i guess...

If thats so i i'll have to stick to iphone app development. Thanks for your opinion _JKK_
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah they usually fail. :\ XDA is a pretty bad example, IMO. Bunch of assholes on there, too.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, but they also have some very good, smart members as well. So you know. It kind of evens out.

But no problem on that. Happy to help.
  6. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Gizmodo?
  7. questionnaire

questionnaire New Member

In what way is the user integrated into the actual news stories and etc? I can see comments, but beyond that life is somewhat limited there