Question about my future iPhone Purchase!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zigg47, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Zigg47

Zigg47 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lately i have been really wanting an iphone but i have 1 simple but difficult problem. I DONT HAVE AT&T!!!!! I have crappy Ntelos which sucks but i have heard that there is a way to keep the provider you have while getting an iphone. So is there any possible way that i could buy an iphone with a contract to AT&T and then just run my iphone through Ntelos?
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    As Apple says,
    But, yeah, this is possible. It's quite simple, you only have to unlock the iPhone and use the SIM Card that you have with your current carrier.
  3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if ntelos has a sim card, then yea it will work , if it doesn't, you my friend are out of luck
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Buy an iPhone without a contract from Apple. Then you can unlock it, which allows you to run any provider as long as you can use a SIM card with your current carrier I believe. Unlocking can easily be done via a program such as Ziphone/iLiberty+

Keep in mind I am not very savy with iPhones/carriers but I believe I am correct

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Zigg47

Zigg47 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok first off when i unlock it what does that do and can i then choose to run it through nTelos? and second off what is a sim card and how do i figure out if ntelos has 1?
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I broke down your post above. Here's the answers.

1. Unlocking your iPhone simply allows you to use your iPhone without AT&T, and with another carrier of your choice. It's simple to do, and don't fall for any of those websites that offer cheap and affordable unlocking, as you can do it for free, very easily.
    2. You can run your iPhone through nTelos if you have the appropriate SIM card.
    3. A SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) Card is a card that can be removed from any cell phone, and it allows the company to know that you are a subscriber.
    4. If you own a cell phone, take off the back cover, and you should see the SIM card there, as long as that cell phone is on a plan with nTelos.
  7. Zigg47

Zigg47 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so if i were to search for the approriate sim card what should i look for and where at
  8. dude19

dude19 Banned

9. Zigg47

Zigg47 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i didnt see anything like that when i took the back off my phone i mean there looks like there is a place to put a little card like that in it. I have a motorola krzr k1m by the way