Question about my 3G[S]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hamster101, Aug 24, 2010.

1. hamster101

hamster101 New Member

Alright, I have an iPhone 3G 16GB purchased in like July 2009. I'm probably not getting the iPhone 4 and will wait. However, until then, I was thinking about "upgrading" to a 32GB 3G. I have a seller lined up already, just have a few questions before I go through with it.

1. It's okay in AT&T's eyes right? Like AT&T does IMEI sweeps and gets pissed off if you switch your iPhone out with like a Blackberry, but will they care about my random 3G swapping? Am I still eligible for upgrade in July 2011? And am I allowed to sell my 16GB to get the 32GB one, or do I have to keep it?

2. It kinda goes with #1, but nothing changes right? No AT&T plan changes or anything like that, just a different iPhone, but same monthly price, right?

3. The seller tells me that it is still under warranty as it was purchased about a week ago.. Does that mean I can still get a BRAND NEW replacement?
    (With my 16GB, I have gotten like 2 or 3 brand new replacements when I told them about my battery issues.)
    ALSO, does Apple still have BRAND NEW replacements in stock?

Please let me know if you know the answers. #3 is particularly important, so any 3G user who recently got a replacement or something like that would be very helpful.

(By the way, I would go to the Apple Store on 5th Avenue, NY. It might not make a difference, but it IS one of the bigger Apple Stores around.

Thanks!!!
  2. Rem0rse

Rem0rse Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I can only tell you about #1, I dont think AT&T is gonna care if you switched to a 32GB model of the same iPhone, seeing as though its just a different version of the same phone

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope This Helps!
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6

1: AT&T doesn't care if you go from a smart phone to another smart phone. However, if you go from a non-smart phone to a smart phone and they find out, they are allowed to charge you the plan price for the smartphone. But no, AT&T will not care that you changed from iPhone to iPhone.

2: Unless your contract will expire soon, you will have the same bill (if you contract expires you won't have a bill or service

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

3: Yes, if it malfunctions within the next year, you can get it replaced by Apple (They have refurbs to replace it with). If the seller gives you the receipt for the iPhone you can return it in exchange for the iPhone 4 (At Apple and AT&t, I'm not 100% on anything else).
  4. hamster101

hamster101 New Member

The brand new replacement is pretty important to me. Anyone have any info if they still carry some?