Question about MobileScrobbler

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gagteo, Mar 18, 2008.

1. gagteo

gagteo New Member

This has probably been asked before... but anyways, the recommended topics did not come up with this.

How can I pick the music I listen to in MobileScrobbler. It always comes up with "Artists similar to (blank)" and never gives me a straight up search. So annoying. Please if there is a way tell me how
  2. mrv9292

mrv9292 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Theres a search button in the bottom right corner of the app...

edit:nvm my stupidity, I understand you now

I'm not sure if you can. I think the point is to help you find music you haven't heard of before just stuff you would probably like.
  3. gagteo

gagteo New Member

Ok. They really should change that. That kind of defeats the point of it for me. I have one song on my mind atm. Oh well I have youtube
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think part of the reason is probably licensing - they're probably using a radio payment model which allows them to pay less for playing/streaming the music. Same reason you don't hear song after song from the same artist. There are limitations on the number of times the same artist can be played per hour, etc.
  5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

This issue is nothing to do with MobileScrobbler; Last.fm's licenses mean that they can only play one song by the same artist every half hour.

However, if you search for a specific artist, the player will play you one song by that artist, then go on to play songs by similar artists.