Question About Light Leak(Ipod Touch 4th Gen)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lakerfanalways, Oct 13, 2010.

1. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Hi everyone, just received my brand spankin new Ipod Touch 4th Gen 32 gig today from amazon.com..now I have read about a lot of people having issues with light leak so I called apple and at first the guy had no clue what the heck I was talking about..but then he looked it up and told me to take a picture of a black surface and go into a dark place and look at the photo and see if I see any spots on the image..I dont see anything..but since the guy wasn't familiar with the issue..I would like to know what the light issue means and how I can find it..just want to be sure that the Ipod Touch I got doesnt have that issue..I have been pretty lucky, every Ipod has been fine, but now that this one has a camera I want to be extra sure..thanks
  2. JKJones

JKJones Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you went in to the dark and turned brightness to full and didn't see anything then theres nothing to find. Do that if you see a light leak then ya, but just by the fact you haven't seen any light leak who cares then? If you can't see it in regular conditions then there really isn't much of a problem is there?
  3. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    your right, just did it again at full brightness and found nothing..I guess since others were saying there was something wrong with theirs I wanted to be sure mine was Ok..thanks for the info
  4. JKJones

JKJones Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thats good and np
  5. mrtntv2

mrtntv2 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its usually pretty noticeable: looka t my folowing drawing to show where the problem is happening....

Attached Files:

6. Tatanka

Tatanka New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Bravo,you're lucky..The light leak(s) is not a simple problem,that mean defectuos glued lcd panel to the glass screen(digitizer).Running demanding app or games(overeheating) give to ipod chances to make more light leaks or growing up the existing one(s) with lcd distorsion(when push little harder).
  7. RayLancer

RayLancer New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That might be happening with mine. I was allowed a replacement but I haven't picked it up since I was worried I would get more problems with the "new" iPod. But it looks like the light leak on mine is outgrew its original length of the volume controls...
  8. Tatanka

Tatanka New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Give it try,and exchange again if something wrong(hope not)..Try to look at store to avoid many travels