Question about jailbreaking...!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by fattail95, Apr 8, 2009.

1. fattail95

fattail95 New Member

Hi there guys!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have recently recieved my iPod Touch and have read a lot of different guides on how to jailbreak etc...

Question is - what is the simplest and easiest way to do an untethered jailbreak on my iPod Touch running 2.2.1? If you could link it to a simple guide - that would be so very helpful!

I am sure you get these questions all the time, and I bet you are fed up with answering them, sorry for that! I am just a bit worried about it...

Thanks for your help!

Ben

P.S. Is it possible to brick it by attempting to jailbreak or can you just recover it through iTunes?
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If your iPod is first generation (no volume buttons on the side) then use either of these tools
    Windows:Quickpwn
    Mac:Quickpwn

However, seeing as you recently received it, I assume you have a second generation, for that one, see this thread:Redtool
    And download it here:http://redtool-dev.org/blog/?page_id=8

And as for your other question, It is practically impossible to brick your iPod, you can always just restore using iTunes and it will be as good as new
  3. fattail95

fattail95 New Member

thanks! all i needed to know!

fattail95