Question about Jailbreaking my Ipod Touch 1st Gen

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rb9999, Nov 27, 2008.

1. rb9999

rb9999 New Member

I am thinking about Jailbreaking my Ipod Touch 1st Gen on firmware 2.2. I have been unable to find the answers to a few questions I still have.

1. After I jailbreak my ipod will I lose the applications that I have currently installed or will they sync back to my ipod after syncing in iTunes?

2. Will I still be able to install apps from the iTunes App Store?

Thanks.
  2. jeffcball2004

jeffcball2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    simply #1 yes & #2 Yes as well. JB
  3. nick.m

nick.m New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well the apps wouldnt just delete off the ipod. If you JB with one of the pwnage tools nothing noticable happens apart from the fact you now have installer and cydia on your screen.
  4. rb9999

rb9999 New Member

Thank you for your responses. Another question. If I Jailbroke my Ipod and then upgraded my firmware later and the Jailbreak was unbroken, would my Ipod still have everything that was on it?

In other words, can I just upgrade later and move on unbroken with no noticeable difference other than Cydia?
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you jailbreak and then upgrade, you will lose Cydia along with any apps you installed via Cydia, as well as any *ahem* cracked apps you may have. I have noticed an issue, however, where if you hide some of the stock apps (like Weather, Notes, etc.) while jailbroken and then update, the apps will remain hidden and you will have no way of getting them back.