Question about jailbreaking and 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by dc443, Jul 25, 2008.

1. dc443

dc443 New Member

I like how you've got stickies and stuff up to try to fend off nooby questions. Well That's nice but it won't help if you don't answer any USEFUL questions that people might have.

Anyways I'm not here to rant.

I have an ipod touch with 1.1.4 jailbroken, and I find the available 3rd party apps to be vastly inferior to the awesome new app store stuff. Soooo I was wondering if it would work to use WinPwn to jailbreak to 2.0 so that I can try out the new stuff like Enigmo and Super Monkey Ball and what not. I wouldn't even mind paying $10 for the games but I think jailbreaking might give me more options.

So my question is.... If I jailbreak my ipod to 2.0 will I be able to install/buy app store apps?

Thanks
  2. JonTheAzn

JonTheAzn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes you will, the AppStore can't tell if you've jailbroken your ipot or not
  3. slappywhite2001

slappywhite2001 New Member

the short answer: yes. I am running jailbroken 2.0 on custom firmware, and i purchased Vay the other day (I would recommend it if you like final fantasy type games) without a problem.
  4. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

It's clearly stated that the AppStore apps and the jailbreak apps won't interfere with each other, and everything will be okay.
  5. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    jailbreaking does not affect appstore apps
    they work perfectly alongside third party apps