Question about jailbreaking 1G Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jtb1987, Jul 8, 2009.

1. jtb1987

jtb1987 New Member

Jan 1, 2008

I've been out of the game for awhile now, but would like to update my Touch. Way back when I bought my 1G Itouch, I jailbroke it. It is currently software version 1.1.2 and has the "Installer". I would like to restore it, and then re-jail break it so that it has the "Cydia" (or whatever the newest installer program is).

As of now, I have copied all of my music over to my HD with "Total Commander", and am ready for the next step. Which is the problem, what is my next step?

Do I just completely restore my Itouch, with the newest firmware, jailbreak it, and then copy my music back over to it? And that's that? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Feb 14, 2009
    ok next step would be to plug your ipod into itunes and hit update. it will install 3.0 firmware on it. after that use to jailbreak your ipod touch. it will have on screen instructions. then just put all the data back into your ipod. make sure after you update dont hit restore from back up. just set your ipod up as new. good luck. PM me for more help.