Question about Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Alansson, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Alansson

Alansson New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I have an Ipod Touch 2G, currently NOT running 3.0, but jailbroken on the latest free update of 2.2.1. So when I first jailbroke it, it did not work on my computer, and I had to give it to a friend to jailbreak.

If I upgrade to 3.0 then try to jailbreak, and it does not work, is there any way to go back to my current jailbroken 2.2.1 Ipod?

I'd quite honestly rather have a 2.2.1 jailbroken Ipod touch then a 3.0 non-jailbroken Ipod Touch.

Don't mind losing the $10 if it doesn't work, but want to make sure I can go back to my current form if it doesn't work.

I'm running Windows XP, if that makes a difference.
  2. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I don't see why the jailbreak "won't" work, but yes, if you update to 3.0 and you don't like it for some reason or another, you can put your iPod in DFU mode and Shift + Restore to a clean 2.2.1 firmware.
  3. Alansson

Alansson New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Any clean 2.2.1 firmware, including a jailbroken one?

Sorry I'm a newbie about this stuff =D

Also, if I don't have the firmware on my computer, since it was done on my friend's computer, is there any way to copy the jailbroken 2.2.1 firmware off of my Ipod, onto my computer, in case I want to restore that after?
  4. campohizzy

campohizzy New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Don't know why it won't work but here you go <redacted> go to this website get 3.0 and then jailbreak it you got to have redsn0w to i've done this it worked for me.. go to this website it tells you how to jailbreak you 3.0 ipod

<redacted>