Question about going from 3.0 jailbreak to 3.1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by clayton2, Sep 10, 2009.

1. clayton2

clayton2 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I want to update my iPod touch (second generation) to 3.1.1, so my question is, since I have it at 3.0 jailbroken, do I have to restore my iPod touch before upgrading to 3.1.1?

Also, will jailbreaking still be possible after upgrading to 3.1.1 on iPod touch (second generation)?
  2. Greekone

Greekone Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For your first question no you don't have to restore first
    but its a good idea to just to be safe

and for you second question yes it will be jailbreakable
    as soon as dev-team releases their new J/B

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. clayton2

clayton2 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, thank you very much Greekone. The main thing, and pretty much only thing I use jailbreaking for is for the convenience of SBSettings, and occasionally MXTube comes in handy, but the main reason I want 3.1.1 is in hope that they finally did something about that LONG boot time that 3.0 introduced, where it goes to a blank black screen for like 5-10 seconds then boots to the lockscreen instead of the main springboard (or whatever it's called).

EDIT: I got the update, but it still goes to the lockscreen instead of the springboard, although it doesn't show the blank black screen anymore.

Why don't the just go back to the old way (version 2.2.1) where it boots to the springboard??
  4. Drewza1243

Drewza1243 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hey, I have a question. When the Jailbreak for 3.1 Firmware comes out, if I jailbreak my iPod Touch again for the 3.1 Firmware will I keep all my jailbroken apps and setting, themes etc.

I want to upgrade so i'm waiting for the jailbrek but i don't want to lose my collection of goodies either. help?

I jailbroke my iPod on 3.0 Firmware with redsn0w for windows xp