Question about firmwares?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by MotoXXX, Dec 3, 2008.

1. MotoXXX

MotoXXX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have firmware 1.1.5(4B1) on a 1st gen iPod touch...

What do I need to get the latest firmware and jailbroken. Do I simply download the 2.2 here or what? Also what are the differences in firmwares?

Thanks.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Pay the $9.99 for the upgrade. Then you will have the app store along will all the other great improvements in the firmware.
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

First you need to have iTunes 8.0.2, then since you haven't purchased 2.0, 2.2 is going to cost you $10.

Here's some info on the changes in each firmware.
  4. MotoXXX

MotoXXX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How would I jailbreak my 1.1.5? I dont see any real reason to upgrade. You can get those apps for free if you jailbreak + I dont need an App Store.

Also how do you know which applications are for which firmwares? I have looked around and it just gives the application doesn't say what its for (Reason I ask is because I have seen releases that are for different firmwares, but some releases don't tell you)
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What gave you the impression that you can get all those apps for Free? You can't use App Store Apps without updating to 2.X. Also, there are little of no more apps for 1.1.x since no one develops for it anymore. If all you want to do is listen to music and watch video, stay where you are then. No reason to Jailbreak either.

Applications range from Free to $999. Check my signature for a great start. "Free iPhone Apps"
  6. MotoXXX

MotoXXX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wasn't talking about getting the App Store apps for free. I meant the updates to the firmware such as Mail and idk the new Calculator...

My main question was where can I find the jailbreak for 1.1.5 and apps for it as well?
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That we cannot discuss, since thats Piracy. If you want those, pay for the update.
  8. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Most all of the 1.1.5 repos for software are dead, as their owners have moved onto Firmware 2 (and Cydia).
  9. MotoXXX

MotoXXX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Again... I wasn't talking about piracy... I assumed it was a no brainer to get MAIL on your ipod... then again you can do it thru safari anyway.

Oh well I guess i'll have to upgrade.
  10. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Updates to Mail (Multiple Deleting etc) and the new Calculator (Landscape, scientific) are all in the 2.X firmware. No where near 1.1.X.