Question about CyDelete and iPhone 3GS Speed

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JayXL14, Jul 21, 2009.

1. JayXL14

JayXL14 Member

I have an iPhone 3GS and I have heard that jailbreaking slows it down and such. However, I need the jailbreak because I use several apps such as Winterboard, not for themes, but for just a different slider and the "User Wallpaper" function. (Not using unlock btw)

Anyway, I wanted to know if things like CyDelete are significantly slowing down/eating up my battery? I use the Winterboard for the User Wallpaper and the SBSettings. I will keep Winterboard even if it slows it down, but I would consider removing SBSettings and CyDelete if they make a big impact. Do they?

Thanks

*By the way, after a respring/reboot, I usually have 160MB of free RAM.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You will have plenty enough RAM to keep them going.
  3. DHowett

DHowett New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No. CyDelete and, for the most part, SBSettings sit dormant until you explicitly trigger them.

The rumour that jailbreaking slows iPhoneOS down is exactly that. A rumour. Fear, uncertainty and doubt spread by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

The more you know!
  4. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Jailbreaking itself doesnt slow it down but when you have a lot of extensions running such as SBSettings or CyDelete it will use more resources and there for slow down a little.. But not so much on the 3GS.. That was more of a problem on the 3G because of the low RAM and slower processor.. You wont find a big impact on the 3GS
    Battery neither