Question about connecting ITouch with FTP on WINDOWS!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fiyeroboi22, Oct 24, 2007.

1. fiyeroboi22

fiyeroboi22 New Member

Friends,

I am using CUTEFTP to connect my comp to my ipod. I have th IP address from my network that both the computer and ipod are connected to. I inserted that with port 22 and also kept the ipod on (not in sleep mode) and typed root and alpine to connect. It sits there and trys over and over. I read other threads and pinged my IPOD using CMD. It got replies and is connecting..

What is wrong?

Thank you!
  2. linds

linds New Member

in the area where you type your ip address, try setting it to "sftp://youripaddresshere"

notice the "s" in "sftp"
  3. appwizard

appwizard New Member

FTP Daemon

Your iPod is not running the FTP service...

Have you installed SSH? If so, you should use SCP instead... I have not installed FTP on my ipod, so I can not tell you how to install it...

But, if you have SSH running, download SCP (search google) for windows. and use that instead, it may be a part of putty...

SCP uses the SSH protocol and ports to transfer files securely..

SFTP is the same protocol as SCP as the other poster stated. you can use cuteFTP if it supports this protocol.
  4. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

You may want to try Win SCP instead. It's really easy to use. Just make sure the opening screen shows port 22 username is root and password is alpine.