Question about Buying App

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by JayXL14, Jul 29, 2009.

1. JayXL14

JayXL14 Member

Ok, I have an iTunes account that is linked to a credit card that I use. It's one of those credit cards that you load money into everytime you need to. Right now, I don't have any money on the card, but I want to buy the AIM app.

Is it possible that I can use my mom's credit this one time to buy AIM and use the other credit card every other time? I tried buying AIM with my credit card, it told me there was an error (no money) but gave me no other options for a different credit card. So, can I use a different credit card with my iTunes account this one time?

I know that I can probably just create a different iTunes account with my mom's credit card to buy the AIM app, but then I wouldn't be notified with updates unless I signed onto it, which I wouldn't do.

I know this is pretty confusing, but I think you can understand..
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can change payment options whenever you want. In the itunes store, click on your Apple ID in the top right.

To answer your question, you can use your mom's card to buy the AIM app, and then change payment info later.
  3. LeSnak

LeSnak New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How do you use another credit card if you don't change your payment info first?can you do that?
    ty
  4. JayXL14

JayXL14 Member

He meant I can change my payment info back to my original card. It worked fine, thanks Axis.