question about Blackra1n

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PondFrog, Nov 30, 2009.

1. PondFrog

PondFrog New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a 3G iPod Touch with 8GB capacity and version 3.1.2 firmware. I jailbroke it today with Blackra1n and although I was aware that running the battery too long would mean I would need to reboot it with Blackra1n, I was not certain what turning it off would do. I found out the hard way that if I turn the power off, I also cannot restart the iPod without going back to XP and running Blackra1n on it again.

Will this aspect of this particular jailbreak ever change?

My normal OS is Linux, btw.
  2. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you did read the Blackra1n thread, it does mention all new MC devices are all Tethered jailbreak which means they require the blackra1n tool to be run if they want to boot up properly.

As for a fully untethered jailbreak, it seems that it will be a long way away.
  3. PondFrog

PondFrog New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That is what I thought after reading the content of a site that links to blackra1n.com. It is a small inconvenience but still worth it. I just have to remember not to power the iPod down completely, especially if I am not near my computer that runs XP. The Blackra1n utility will not work from WINE in Linux but that is possibly because Linux does not properly detect the iPod.