Question about battery life

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Maythas, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Maythas

Maythas New Member

I use my ipod touch first gen. When I went to school today, I leave my ipod touch in sleep mode and close my wifi. Unfortunately, when I tried to use ipod touch again during afternoon classes. The battery reach 20%. After I used it to listen to music for around 10 min. It reach 10%. Do you think this is weird or what should I do to preserve battery thank

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think your should take a peek at the stickied posts at the top of this forum...
  3. Maythas

Maythas New Member

but I still don't get it why put in sleep mode drain a lot of battery -*-. It should preserved battery isn't it
  4. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Check the pointers to try and solve your problem. I could only really help you if I had your iPod Touch in my hand and could check it out. I don't though and you don't give enough detail for any real response to your problem.

Are you jailbroken? What was your charge state initially? What apps are you running? Did you leave music playing or some other app running in the backgropund? How old is your device? How often do you charge it?

You miss these important details and without them I can't help.

Nevertheless under normal conditions your battery shouldn't drain that quickly in standby. You're probably doing something wrong. Answer the above questions and I may be able to help further.
  5. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

Hmmm...
    It's normal to leave it on sleep, expecially if you turn of wifi...
    Strange... =( How long have you been using it??
    Maybe you should go to Apple..
  6. Maythas

Maythas New Member

My ipod is one years old. I usually charge my ipod everyday and it is jailbroken. Is jailbroken the one that drain battery?
  7. nathan93

nathan93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Battery may be all charged out

It is a possibility that since you charge it everyday, you have maximized the charge cycle, and now your battery no longer holds a full charge, even when it appears that way. However, you are in a catch 22 situation, because you have voided your warranty by jailbreaking. It is however, still worthwhile to take it to your local apple store.
  8. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Then your problem could be due to some of the Cydia apps you have on it. Intelliscreen is a nightmare for a start. You may also have daemons running behind the scenes and leaching your battery - Video Wallpaper, automatic background changing themes and other apps like MXTube all run daemons that can seriously leech your battery power.

My suggestion would be install MobileTerminal from Cydia and type in ps -A in the terminal conslole screen (best done in landscape view). This will give you a list of all running processes. A lot of them are system processes but look for those in the /Applications/ folder. Uninstall them, charge your battery up for a good 6 hours and then when you go to bed leave in standby & screen locked with all services turned off (location services, wifi etc.) to test if it is a battery issue or not. If you're still having problems you could try a further test by restoring and repeating the above experiment. If it is a battery issue there are plenty or 3rd party companies that will replace your battery for you or you can buy a battery and attempt to change it yourself.

Good luck.
  9. Maythas

Maythas New Member

Thank for a long suggestion ^^, but I didn't install intelligence screen mx tube and video wallpaper. But I will try the mobile terminal one. Now I left my ipod on sleep mode. Only 3-4 hours. My battery is half way gone = =. By the way, thank for all comment and suggestion

here is what I get from mobile terminal. I don't understand about it. Can someone explain to me what app drain my battery

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The terminal screenshot looks fine. Nothing untoward running in the background there. I notice it shows music the player is open... that isn't running and playing music/video when in standby right?... close it by restarting your device or from SBSettings (it's the MobileMusic application)... try the long charge and if that doesn't work maybe a restore... o/w it looks as though you may have a dodgy battery.