Question about Apple's replacement policy.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wentzel142, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Wentzel142

Wentzel142 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPod seems to have a problem with it's battery or something. Sometimes, at random, it will turn off, refuse to turn back on no matter what I try, and when I finally do get it turned on, the low battery screen will show, making me have to charge it from 0%. The problem is that this happens at random. My iPod has gone for a week without any issues, but today and yesterday, however, my iPod has done this around 5 times. If my iPod comes to apple and it doesn't restart like it does for me, could they send it right back to me saying it was a false replacement request or something?
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

no, just send it back
  3. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Visit an Apple Store, explain the problem, and as long as you're not jailbroken, it'll be fine. (Oh, and if you're covered under warranty)
  4. sbbb61

sbbb61 New Member

I had the same problem, and it turned out it was a program I had just installed on it. I took it off and never happened again.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I called Apple and they said they would replace mine, but they only replace with refurbished which will have a refurbished serial number. I did not think it fair to get a brand new 2g replaced with a refurbished.....ie..if I wanted to later sell it on Ebay, I could not sell it as having bought it as brand new, because of serial number. Try resetting ipod from the ipod settings, then install a little at a time to see if it happens. Or uninstall the last app you installed before it happened.