Question about announcement and timing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by greengirl905, Jul 21, 2009.

1. greengirl905

greengirl905 New Member

Hi,

Toying with the idea of a Touch and debating on whether to buy now or very incredibly impatiently wait for the 3rd generation. Since I'm very new to the Ipods in general I don't know how things work. I have a few questions:

1. If the Touch is announced in September, does that mean that we can buy it in September? And when in September do these things get announced? Early, late?

2. Do we get advanced notice of the thing coming out so that we can plan to buy it? So will we know for sure that it's coming out in August?

3. Do you get to pre-order the Touch?

What I'm trying to figure out is whether to buy one now which would be very helpful for some upcoming travels we've got, because the new one won't realistically be in my hands until Christmas, or, since I've lived so long without one, wait a few more weeks.

I am a complete newbie to this stuff.

Thanks.
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. If what happened last year happens again, then yes. It was released as soon as it was announced. Last year it was announced on the 9th of September.

2. Nope, no advanced notice, it gets announced in September and is Released in September.

3. Nope, it is only put on the Websites (Apple, amazon etc) when it is released.

So, in short, you can buy them/order them ONLY when they are released in September
  3. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Also, wait until the new one comes out if you want to get a 2g. The prices on eBay will be ridiculously low
  4. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i'd say wait. itouch93 was right and so was deadlyvirus. if you want a camera and mic, wait, if you really dont care, buy one now, but only if you know that you really have the money and you are aware that you are getting burned cuz of how cheap they will be i under two months.
  5. greengirl905

greengirl905 New Member

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'm going to try to wait for now. It's easier knowing that it's only six weeks away rather than 12 weeks.
  6. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As for #2, it may be unofficially confirmed by leaked photos or videos, case designs, files in previous firmwares (i.e. the "iPod3,1" references), etc.
  7. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    oh man!! i really want a leaked pic rite now.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Definitely wait, even if all the rumors and speculation prove to be false, you'll be much happy with the newer model.

Buy now only if you "need" it.