Question about 2.0 fw and June

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by dieselboy27, May 13, 2008.

1. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

From what I've read, 2.0 fw is coming out sometime in June. I am wondering since alot of people have 2.0 running on their ipod's, will there be a hack for it for people to update for free? Also, what is this appstore? Does apple want to sell us applications like the ones we have been using on our JB ipod's for free thus far? Am I the only one that thinks that's stupid?
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. You're correct, Firmware 2.0 is going to be released by Apple sometime in June.

2. Yes, free.

3. The App Store is Apple's application store, similar to that of Installer. It will cost a "nominal fee" but the applications are free, I believe.

4. They want users to pay the "nominal fee" for the App Store, but I believe all applications or most will be free.
  3. Marine Iguana

Marine Iguana New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. Niiro13

Niiro13 New Member

Applications and games will be free and paid depending on the developer.

Anything you can get in Installer now, it will be free (come on, since when does an installer game compare to EA Games' Spore or SEGA's Super Monkey Ball...or even PopCap's Bejewled 2?) Of course IM clients will be free (just like MobileChat and Apollo IM just more stable). And just like Installer, Solitaire, Yahtzee, Pool, Blackjack, etc. will all be free, since they're not as complex and stuff as the real computer ported games. (then again, I think the only thing that won't be will be Chuzzle...since that's legally owned by PopCap...)

Any applications and games that are more complex and aren't free in the computer world, won't be free.
  5. l ajax0539 l

l ajax0539 l New Member

okay first of all it is coming out most likely june 9th at the apple event thing after the stevenote. THey are going to sell us the apps but most of the apps will be amazing and better then whats on installer and the apps will work and not crash and there will never be a failure with the appstore unlike installer that always is crashing or it gives you the error
    "package download failed!" Personally i dont think this is stupid and not everything will cost money and one of the best things that i heard about for the appstore is the AIM app. So it is not stupid so personally a really nice app that cost about .99 cents from a big company like AOL, or sega or EA games will be great. but good questions
  6. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

the apps price is set by the developer
  7. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

Alot of sites are saying that the official 3g is launching on June 9th. Will firmware 2.0 be released at the same time, or do we have to continue waiting? I haven't heard anything about the 2.0 release date in quite some time.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How do you think the 3G function will be activated

Please Register or Log in to view images