Q & A Ipod touch jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 6ironmaiden9, Oct 12, 2007.

1. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

Q & A

Ipod touch has been jailbreaked, But jailbreaking comes errors come along with it.. heres some common errors

Question: How do you tell when the springboard is loaded, And what is the springboard?..

Answer: The springboard is the main ipod gui with Safari,Music,Videos,Settings,Aka the main page

Question: Connection refused ect

Answer: Go to norton and find your settings and turn them all off like person firewall = off ect..

Question: If you either did a step wrong messed up your ipod anything!

Answer: Restore through itunes by going too itunes - Hooking up your ipod - Clicking your ipods name in the devices list - click restore

Follow its steps from there

Question: Itunes gives me a error on restoring it tells me to reinstall it that it wont work for the "ipod/iphone" Or if your having any other itune
    error and you cant restore use this..

Answer PLUGGED INTO PC ENTIRE TIME: Hold down sleep and home button.. the ipod should shut off hold both of them till a apple logo appears once that has happened
    let got of the sleep button KEEP HOLDING ONTO THE HOME BUTTON wait for a bit then the apple logo will turn into the one that
    you saw when you first booted up the ipd aka the plug into itunes cord thing, You can now let go of the home button
    then link to itunes and restore it should work this way if others didn't This makes a full restore itunes
    cant resist it..PLUGGED INTO PC ENTIRE TIME

Question: Is the ipod hooked up through the entire jailbreak process?

Answer: YES!

Question: i have finished jailbreaking and tryed summerboard and now my icons are stuck at the top of the screen

Answer: Un-install summerboard and restart and it should be fixed

Question: Roms.. "Requirements: Have the touchfree jailbreak done and installer.app on your main home of your ipod.." Too install roms
    and nes onto ipod touch.. - Download nes from installer.app on your ipod. Then hook up to your ftp system i suggest winscp i believe it is
    Once there go to var/root/media - Btw download winscp here "http://winscp.net/download/winscp404setup.exe" make a folder in media
    named this exact thing "ROMs" Without "" 's NOW go inside roms folder and create a folder called "NES" case sensitive i think..
    Once again no "" 's ONce in the folder NES then drag your roms into the folder named nes it will ask if you want to copy ect once you
    drag and drop the rom into NES click copy, You can get nes roms from here.. http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/Emulation/NES/ROMs/NES_roms_summary.htm
    Then unplug from winscp and you can then just go to your ipods home page wihere icons are then run nes app, And select your rom..
    HAVE FUN

Ask more question, These are the most common questions, But if you have errors or such post here and i'll answer to my most wise and i will always answer..
  2. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Firewalls:

Whilst a lot of PC users do use Norton, a lot don't. Some of the common ones to look for are TrendMicro, ZoneAlarm, BlackIce... Windows and Mac OS X also have their own built in firewalls, located in Control Panel and System Preferences respectively. It is worth noting that some wireless routers employ their own firewalls which may need to be deactivated.

Antivirus software:

Antivirus software has been known to cause issues with jailbreaking. This should be deactivated whilst performing the jailbreak, and for obvious reasons reactivated afterwards. Common antivirus software packages are: AVG, Avast, pc-cillan, trend micro, mcaffee, norton and Windows OneCare.
  3. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

Is bumps aloud here??
  4. modcpersonne

modcpersonne New Member

I can't see the icons of my apps... But I can run them with the terminal by ssh them...
    Neither Installer, maps or mail are runnable from springboard... Please help me !!!!
  5. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

Try to restart your ipod. Also dontforget to install the pogo1trick thing..
  6. modcpersonne

modcpersonne New Member

Ok you can throw garbage at me... forgot to install pogo1trick... But that works now, and that rox !
  7. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

8. iaann

iaann New Member

itunes don't recognize my touch, after i tried to jailbreak it.

i've put the rdisk.dmg file with iphuc, reboot, and blocked on the apple logo, hard reset do not run.. apple will change it soon, but i'm :'(
  9. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Can someone explain to me what i need to do about making my screen scroll?
    im a noob at that stuff.
    And also what about all those games and crap you all have... what sources or whatever did you install?
  10. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

itunes dont recognize - Answer: Do the hold sleep and home button method as listed in my first post up there ^^ and the dude with the scrolling ect.. You must jailbreak your ipod i suggest the following tutorial 0 http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1954