Q&A 3.0 GM Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by crizh4x, Jun 13, 2009.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not sure why, but people don't really seem to want to listen to me about the 3.0 Jailbreak. Here is a quote from what I posted last night in another thread:

in the GM build, Apple has modified a few tags within the IMG3 header as well as repositioned the location of the encrypted KBAG. No one ever really saw this coming, but it's a smart move on Apple's part. It doesn't mean that the firmware won't be jailbroken, it just means that it will take a longer period of time to reverse and learn the new location of the KBAG in order to decrypt the IMG3.

This means that there will most likely not be a day one jailbreak. Albeit I haven't been in touch with any of the dev team members in a few days so they may have made some significant progress, but it sounds like Apple got clever with their changes. Be patient, redTool will be able to support all of your devices to jailbreak 3.0 asap

Please Register or Log in to view images

(I labeled this Q&A because I figured it would turn into a discussion). Please don't argue kthx.
  2. pody08

pody08 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    good idea
  3. MacPwn

MacPwn Banned

Thanks Chris.
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    And we don't know much about iPhone 3G S' hardware, so we can't make any conclusions, is that correct?
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    We know little to nothing about the 3G hardware, nothing can really be assumed. While it's doubtful that 24kpwn exists in the BL, it is possible I suppose.
  6. zao8350

zao8350 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks for this. i just loaded the 3.0 GM onto my touch and was wondering if the jailbreak for it was out. fortunately, i only had to click the forum section and found this. very helpful
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I figured it was worth it since no one else seemed to know or had posted everything. I just don't want everyone to be all like "ZOMG WAREZ DA BEEF" when Wednesday drops.
  8. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Not so fast with doubting there...
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The 3G has a different processor than the 2G. I didn't think of that until it was *just* brought to my attention. Making it even more unlikely to exist.
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    How exciting!